.

Montag, 6. November 2017

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM illustrated by W. Heath Robinson, 2nd part



 Fairy. Those that Hobgoblin call you, and sweet Puck,
You do their work, and they shall have good luck.




Puck. And on her withered dewlap pour the ale. 


 Bottom. Down topples she.


 Titania. Playing on pipes of corn, and versing love
To amorous Phillida.


Puck. She never had so sweet a changeling.


Oberon. And...break his faith,
With Ariadne.


Titania. To dance our ringlets to the whistling wind.



Titania. Full often hath she gossp'd by my side.

Oberon. Yet mark'd I when the bolt of Cupid fell. 


Titania. But with thy brawls thou hast disturb'd our sport.


Second Fairy. One aloof stand sentinel. 


Oberon. What thou seest, when thou dost wake,
Do it for thy true love take.


Hermia.  (Awaking) Help me, Lysander, help me! 


Oberon. Flying between the cold moon and the earth, Cupid all arm'd.


 Puck





 Bottom. Are we all met?


Helena.  I'll follow thee, and make a heaven of hell, 
To die upon the hand I love so well.


Puck.  Through brake, through briar.

Oberon. I with the morning's love have oft made sport.


Demetrius. Thou runaway, thou coward,  art thou fled?


Helena. O weary night, O long and tedious night.


 Lysander. Fair Love, you faint with wandering in the wood.








Oberon. Trip we after the night's shade.

Snug. Masters, the Duke is coming from the temple.


 Bottom. Why do they run away?  this is a knavery of them to make me afeard.





Oberon. Meet me all by break of day. 


Titania. Be kind and courteous to this gentleman.


Puck. So, good night unto you all.

 Titania






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen