.

Donnerstag, 23. April 2009

"Albrecht Altdorfer" 1480-1538




This painting from Altdorfer was for me as a 10 years old boy an icon.
At that time we lived in "Kaltbach" Luzern, a small farmer village, a
rural Paradies. My parents had subscribed a Weekendmagazine and therein
had it these large poster of the classical art. Naturally I did not know at that
time that Altdorfers picture was "classic art". As a boy I was just enthusiastic
of the many figures in its shining armours, what suggested my fantasy enormously.
I hung it to the wall of my bedroom beside the indianpictures which I
have paint with pencilcolors. I can say that this Altdorfer was like an Big Bang
for my way to become an artist. More about Altdorfer here.
Albrecht Altdorfer - "The Battle of Alexander at Issus"
Limewood panel, 158.4 x 120.3 cm
Alte Pinakothek Munich, Germany

1 Kommentar:

  1. Jetzt weiß ich endlich, was Dich bei Deinen ganz frühen Sachen (diverse Schlachtenszenarios 74/75 in Follow/Magira) beeinflusst hat. Sieht man wirklich!
    Liebe Grüße
    Karl (Peter)

    AntwortenLöschen